Moscow dates for North Walsham blues man Ron Sayer
- Credit: © Peter Tarleton
A Norfolk blues man is heading to Moscow.
The city is on the gig calendar for North Walsham singer-guitarist Ron Sayer as he takes to the road across the UK, Europe and beyond.
He is heading to the Russian capital to play four dates in May – a festival, then a trio of sessions in blues clubs.
It came about after he was contacted by the organiser of a series of British Blues Invasion gigs in the city.
'It will be exciting – as I hear they are very appreciative and like their blues,' said Ron.
The show will be a mixture of original material from his latest Hard to Please album and blues covers.
France is also on the gig list with appearances at the Nuits de Blues at Ambon in April, and a Blues au Chateau event in an historic castle in August, with his band, which includes wife Charlotte Sayer on keyboards.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
Nearer home they are playing at Blakeney Harbour Rooms on Friday, February 14, and Ron is doing an acoustic set at the Plasterers Arms in Norwich on February 23. Before that he is playing at Gorleston's Harbour Room on February 8.
Visit www.ron.sayer.co.uk for more information.