Monty Python star Michael Palin to launch Norwich Film Festival at OPEN Norwich
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Writer and globetrotter Michael Palin will be doing an in conversation evening at a city centre entertainment venue to launch the Norwich Film Festival.
The Monty Python star is appearing at the OPEN Norwich on Bank Plain on Thursday, November 9.
On the same night, the historic venue will show the 1984 comedy A Private Function starring Mr Palin at 7.30pm.
After the film he will answer audience questions.
John Gordon-Saker, OPEN Norwich chief executive officer, said: 'We are absolutely thrilled. It is a major coup for the festival and OPEN Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
About half of the 500 tickets have already been sold. Doors open at 6.30pm and early bird tickets cost £12.50 and £8.
The Norwich Film Festival, in its seventh year, runs from November 17-19 at the Forum.
Visit www.opennorwich.org.uk for the in conversation tickets.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van