Monty Python star Michael Palin to launch Norwich Film Festival at OPEN Norwich
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Writer and globetrotter Michael Palin will be doing an in conversation evening at a city centre entertainment venue to launch the Norwich Film Festival.
The Monty Python star is appearing at the OPEN Norwich on Bank Plain on Thursday, November 9.
On the same night, the historic venue will show the 1984 comedy A Private Function starring Mr Palin at 7.30pm.
After the film he will answer audience questions.
John Gordon-Saker, OPEN Norwich chief executive officer, said: 'We are absolutely thrilled. It is a major coup for the festival and OPEN Norwich.'
About half of the 500 tickets have already been sold. Doors open at 6.30pm and early bird tickets cost £12.50 and £8.
The Norwich Film Festival, in its seventh year, runs from November 17-19 at the Forum.
Visit www.opennorwich.org.uk for the in conversation tickets.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk