Miss Saigon sells out
LORNA MARSH Hit musical Miss Saigon has broken all Norwich Theatre Royal box office records by selling out for its entire run – and making more than £1m.
Hit musical Miss Saigon has broken all Norwich Theatre Royal box office records by selling out for its entire run – and making more than £1m.
Featuring more than 50 actors and musicians, Cameron Mackintosh's production of Boublil and Schonberg's legendary love story is the biggest show the theatre has seen.
It only began its month-long run at the theatre last Tuesday but all performances have already sold out.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich is the production's second stop on a tour that next takes it to Milton Keynes at the end of the month.
Peter Wilson, the Theatre Royal's chief executive, said: “I was thrilled that we were able to bring Miss Saigon to Norwich.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
“This is the biggest show we have ever presented at the Theatre Royal and it's part of our continuing commitment to bring the very best live entertainment to Norfolk.
“To have sold nearly 38,000 tickets is truly phenomenal and again reinforces our position as East Anglia's leading venue.”
Set in 1975 during the final days leading up to the American evacuation of Saigon, Miss Saigon is an epic love story concerning the relationship between an American GI and a young Vietnamese woman.
Miss Saigon is appearing at the theatre until Saturday April 30.
Although the run is sold out, returns may be available on the day of performance.
Contact the box office on 01603 630000 for details.