Michael Palin and Richard Wilson wish Norfolk cast good luck
- Credit: The Sheringham Players
Excitement levels are high for the Sheringham Players, as their summer production of 'The Weekend' was blessed by writer Michael Palin and actor Richard Wilson.
Wilson played the protagonist in Palin's play, which is now being taken on by the players in their show opening on Wednesday, June 14.
Monty Python star Mr Palin's note read: 'I'm so pleased The Weekend has reached my summer holiday destination! Break a leg!'
Mr Wilson, of One Foot in the Grave, wrote: 'Best wishes to the director, case and crew for a successful run!'
Nick Jones, of the Sheringham Players, said: 'We were so pleased when Michael Palin and Richard Wilson kindly sent us their good wishes!'
You may also want to watch:
The play follows the story of weary Stephen Febble, played by Graham Blyth, whose serenity is undermined when his outgoing wife Virginia (Ruth Elliott) invites a host of people to their home for the weekend.
The show is running from Wednesday June 14, to Saturday, June 17 at the Sheringham Little Theatre. Performances will take place at 7.30pm with one matinee on Saturday.
- 1 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 4 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 8 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 9 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
Tickets are £12 from the theatre, or online at www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com