Maze to host Grease show in 2006
IAN CLARKE It's sure to be an a-maize-ing night!A live open air one-off stage production of the hit musical Grease is to be staged next summer at the A-maize-ing Maize Maze at South Creake, near Fakenham.
It's sure to be an a-maize-ing night!
A live open air one-off stage production of the hit musical Grease is to be staged next summer at the A-maize-ing Maize Maze at South Creake, near Fakenham and attract up to 5000 people.
Details have just been released for the event, which is being run by The Concert Field of Dreams on Saturday August 19.
Showgoers are being promised an electrifying experience - and they are being urged to "step out in style" for the evening as a Pink Lady or a T Bird.
There will be a Pink Lady champagne bar, T Birds licensed bar, posh teas and coffee, hog roast, sweets and doughnuts.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
The performance will begin at about 6.30pm until 10.30pm with two 20
minute intervals and a finale of a "breathtaking" firework display.
There will be supporting acts on the evening as well as a classic American car and bike exhibition.
Organisers expect the event to sell out and tickets are now on sale through www.ticketqueen.com (Tel: 01379 741106).
They can also be bought at The Ostrich Inn, South Creake and The Bistro in Fakenham.
Prices before July 19 are £18.50 and after that date £20.
Meanwhile, the theme of the maize maze for 2006 is Peter Pan and visitors will be asked to help save Tinkerbell and the other fairies from the ticktocking crocodile and naughty Mr Cobby.
As usual there will be hot and cold refreshments as well as other
attractions including panning for gold and crazy golf.
The maize maze will again be supporting the Spinal Injury Association.
*Maize maze e-mail: email@example.com. Website: