Manfred Mann singer releases new version of Mighty Quinn to celebrate the GoGoHares
- Credit: Archant
Manfred Mann singer Mike D'Abo has joined in the GoGoHares fun by releasing a new version of the band's song Mighty Quinn to raise funds for children's charity Break.
Both Mighty Quinn and Break are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, and the new version of the 1968 number one hit was inspired by the GoGoHare Hare LeQuin which can currently be found outside Norwich Puppet Theatre as part of a city-wide art trail.
Hare LeQuin is sponsored by Ashtons Legal.
The new Mighty Quinn recording - which is now available to download - features Mike D'Abo on keyboard and vocals, Hare LeQuin's artist Samantha Elmhirst on backing vocals, Miguel Montalban on guitar and Mark Ireland on drums.
It was recorded in a Norfolk studio earlier this year and Samantha's sister Holly Elmhirst also helped with reworking the song.
You may also want to watch:
Mike D'Abo said: 'It was a wonderful venture to have been a part of, and I wish you all well in getting Norfolk folk and all East Anglia behind it.'
Michael Rooney, commercial manager at Break, added: 'With two 50th anniversaries to celebrate let's hope this is a great success and is enjoyed by many.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
Break, along with Wild in Art, have led the creation of the three GoGoHares trails which are this summer decorating Norwich and Norfolk to mark 50th years of Break helping children, young people and families in need.
Hare LeQuin features in the city-wide trail of 50 large hares across Norwich. There is also a county trail featuring 18 moongazer hares displayed everywhere from Cromer to Harleston, and a second Norwich trail of more than 160 leverets created as part of the GoGoCreate programme.
For more information, visit www.gogohares.co.ukTo hear a preview of the Mighty Quinn 50th Anniversary Edition 1968-2018, visit https://soundcloud.com/mikedabo/the-mighty-quinn-50thThe song can also be downloaded from iTunes, Amazon and Spotify.
• GoGoHares fans can also collect stickers of all the hare sculptures for the special souvenir sticker album created by EDP and Evening News with Break and East of England Co-op. Free sticker vouchers are being published in the EDP and Evening News every day.