Make your own Early Man character in Aardman video tutorial with Eddie Redmayne, Tom Hiddleston and Maisie Williams
- Credit: Studiocanal/BFI/Chris Johnson
The stars of Nick Park's latest film Early Man, in cinemas this weekend, have a go at creating their own Hognob with Aardman's model maker Jim Parkyn — what will yours look like?
In the three decades since Wallace and Gromit blasted off to a moon made entirely of cheese, Aardman Animations has charmed us with a menagerie of unforgettable stop-motion creations, including Shaun The Sheep and Chicken Run.
The Bristol-based studio has won hearts and Oscars for its unmistakeable claymation stop-motion animation and their very British sense of humour.
Their new film Early Man turns back the clock thousands of years for a charming comedy of errors that traces the history of football to our club-wielding prehistoric ancestors.
The clat-made includes a toothy caveman called Dug who has been voiced by Eddie Redmayne, star of Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. Meanwhile Maisie Williams, best known for Game of Thrones, voices a character called Goona.
You may also want to watch:
Here the pair join Aardman's model maker Jim Parkyn to create their own clay version of Dug's porcine pet Hognob.
'Dug has a massive mouth, I have a massive mouth so we related there,' Redmayne laughs, who says he was a bundle of nerves about joining an Aardman project and working with famous animator Nick Park, the creator of so many beloved characters.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
'I've loved Aardman since I was little but what if I went in and did the voice and they said, 'Oh, you're going to do it like that?' In order to preemptively not get fired, I said could we have a session where we play around with who Dug is? We did and sweetly Nick didn't want to fire me.'
Maisie added: 'I'm a huge Aardman fan – having the chance to work with Nick Park is a dream come true, especially as I get to voice such a fantastic character as Goona'.