Lord Norman Tebbit coming to Norwich - to talk about cooking grouse and woodcock
- Credit: Archant
One of the most controversial politicians of the late 20th century is coming to Norwich next month - to talk about cooking game birds.
Lord Norman Tebbit gained fame and infamy as one of prime minister Margaret Thatcher's cabinet ministers, becoming known for his abrasive manner and strong views.
On November 2 at 6pm for 6.30pm he is coming to Jarrold in Norwich for An Evening with Lord Norman Tebbit, introducing his book The Game Cook.
His interest in game birds was piqued when, on visiting his local butcher, he wondered why people would rather buy tasteless, factory-farmed chicken when they could eat good-quality game, often for less money.
The butcher said: 'I think mostly it's because they don't know how to cook them - and they think it would be very difficult.'
You may also want to watch:
In this completely revised edition of the popular cookbook, he demonstrates his favourite recipes including pheasant, partridge, duck, grouse, wood pigeon, woodcock, deer and many more.
Tickets ?are available from customer services, floor two, on 01603 660661 or at jarrold.co.uk/events
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures