Lord Norman Tebbit coming to Norwich - to talk about cooking grouse and woodcock
- Credit: Archant
One of the most controversial politicians of the late 20th century is coming to Norwich next month - to talk about cooking game birds.
Lord Norman Tebbit gained fame and infamy as one of prime minister Margaret Thatcher's cabinet ministers, becoming known for his abrasive manner and strong views.
On November 2 at 6pm for 6.30pm he is coming to Jarrold in Norwich for An Evening with Lord Norman Tebbit, introducing his book The Game Cook.
His interest in game birds was piqued when, on visiting his local butcher, he wondered why people would rather buy tasteless, factory-farmed chicken when they could eat good-quality game, often for less money.
The butcher said: 'I think mostly it's because they don't know how to cook them - and they think it would be very difficult.'
You may also want to watch:
In this completely revised edition of the popular cookbook, he demonstrates his favourite recipes including pheasant, partridge, duck, grouse, wood pigeon, woodcock, deer and many more.
Tickets ?are available from customer services, floor two, on 01603 660661 or at jarrold.co.uk/events
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region