Limited availability left for Take That concert in Norwich after fans snap up tickets
- Credit: supplied by DawBell
Excited fans have been snapping up Take That tickets today for the band's Norwich tour date and there is now only limited availability for the concert next summer.
More than 30,000 people will fill the Canaries' homeground when Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald perform at Norwich City's stadium on Friday, June 16, as part of their Wonderland Live tour.
Tickets for the concert went on general sale at 9.30am today and most were bought within 90 minutes of going on sale.
A statement on the Norwich City Football Club website this afternoon said that hospitality and corporate options were now the best way to secure the remaining tickets.
A statement said: 'After phenomenal ticket sales for next summer's Take That concert at Carrow Road, we have limited availability remaining in our hospitality and corporate areas.'
You may also want to watch:
Demand for tickets across all of the band's UK and Ireland tour dates was extremely high - with extra dates added today in London, Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and Dublin to cope with the demand.
Take That are well known for elaborate live shows, and organisers have said the 2017 tour will 'bring fans their most exciting live experience to date.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Some of the tickets had already been bought earlier in the week by Take That fans who pre-ordered the band's new Wonderland album. They had been given the chance to buy tickets on Wednesday ahead of yesterday's general release, and on the day, Twitter was awash with some fans excitedly announcing that they had got their tickets and others voicing their frustration that Amazon's website appeared unable to cope with the huge demand.
However people trying to get tickets this morning appeared to find it easier to buy tickets.
As well as Norwich, Take That – who this summer played to a crowd of 65,000 at London's Hyde Park – will also be going to Newcastle, Glasgow, Dublin, Liverpool, Sheffield, Birmingham, London, Swansea and the band's hometown, Manchester, during their tour.
Carrow Road has previously hosted Rod Stewart, earlier this year and in 2011, as well as Elton John in 2005, George Michael in 2007 and JLS and Olly Murs in 2011.
Tickets went on sale for the Take That tour this morning at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk and www.ticketline.co.uk and were not being sold through Norwich City's ticket offices or website.
For hospitality and corporate options, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0844 826 1902 (option 2) for more details.