Let them eat churros! Spanish food stall opens on Norwich Market
- Credit: Churros and Chorizo
A new stall is cooking up a storm on Norwich Market.
Churros & Chorizo has opened at Stall 20, Row A, offering a range of Spanish street food and deli items.
Signature dishes include a hot chorizo sandwich with rocket and piquillo peppers and fresh churros served with a warm chocolate sauce.
The stall was created by Nick Brewer, a qualified chef from Norwich, and Hugo Malik, a city councillor for Norwich's Nelson Ward, who met in Spain in 2007.
Mr Malik said: 'Nick's wife Natalie grew up near Barcelona and many of the items we serve pay homage to her old family recipes.
'When Nick and I met again in Norwich, we started talking about setting up our own business, then when the fantastic changes were made to Norwich Market, we saw the perfect opportunity to turn our ideas into practice.'
He added: 'We aim to add more dishes to the menu in the coming months, including a slow cooked paella.'
For more information visit facebook.com/churrosandchorizo
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash