Let’s Rock Norwich! 2017: Music fans rocking out to the best of the 80s at Earlham Park
- Credit: Lee Blanchflower
Music fans are rocking out to 1980s hits at a city park for a major festival.
The Let's Rock Norwich! sell-out gig has kicked off at Earlham Park for the first year.
Some 15,000 revellers have flocked to the park with many dressed up in brightly-coloured outfits and are being entertained by television personality Dave Benson Phillips between acts.
Jeni Choose, 53, from Bungay, was with three of her friends at the festival.
Mrs Choose said: 'We are really chuffed with the line-up. We have already met Captain Sensible in the crowd who told us he has cracked a rib from a previous gig.
You may also want to watch:
'1980s music makes you feel good and young again.
'Everyone is friendly here. It is nice that something like this is happening on our doorstep. We are reliving our youth.'
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 8 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
Married couple Liz and Neil Hutchings, 45 and 46 respectively, were dressed up for the occasion.
Mrs Hutchings said: 'I'm 80s through and through. Tony Hadley is my man.
'The atmosphere today is amazing. We were a bit worried about being too dressed up but that seems to be the norm today.'
She added she was a fan of 1980s music because the songs could be sung easily.