Let’s Rock Norwich! 2017: Bananarama steal the show for 15,000 music fans
- Credit: LEE BLANCHFLOWER
Music-lover Kathryn Downes, 40, from Norwich gave her review of yesterday's Let's Rock Norwich! extravaganza.
Let's Rock opened to a blaze of sunshine, neon and Chesney Hawkes belting out his crowd rousing covers and sing-along hit the One and Only.
The nostalgic, fancy-dressed audience danced all afternoon to hits by Belinda Carlisle, Go West, Midge Ure and Kim Wilde. Performances were slick, energetic and perfectly pitched at the party crowd but Howard Jones didn't capture the uplifting mood the other stars had created, giving a less upbeat set.
However, I was holding my breath for Bananarama, as the legendary girlband have recently announced they are reuniting with Siobahn Fahey.
No Siobahn, but Keren Woodward and Sarah Dallin performed their impressive back catalogue of tunes in unison, encouraging the audience to throw some flame shapes to Venus.
You may also want to watch:
Delivering a fun performance, capturing the essence of the 1980s, Dallin and Woodward were clearly enjoying being back on stage as much as we were.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham