Norfolk X Factor hopeful Leon Mallett to battle it out at judges’ houses
- Credit: Archant
Lingwood singer Leon Mallett is vying for a place in The X Factor live shows tonight with a performance at the judges' houses stage of the competition.
The 22-year-old is just one of six boys left in the singing competition with three getting put through to the live episodes following their auditions in Istanbul.
The singer, who originally auditioned with his brother Alex, will have to impress mentor Louis Walsh and guest judge Mike if he is to make it to the next round.
He is up against Lloyd Macey, Aidan Martin, Spencer Sutherland, Jack Mason and Sam Black.
Mr Mallett works at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth as a performer alongside his younger brother. Their mother and grandmother also sing at the hotel.
You may also want to watch:
He first auditioned for The X Factor in 2014 as part of boy band Fifth Street. The group made it through to the bootcamp stage of the show.
• The X Factor is on ITV at 7pm.
- 1 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 2 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 7 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 8 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts