Latitude 2017: I’m A Celebrity comedian Joel Dommett praises Suffolk festival’s ‘lovely vibe’
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
Joel Dommett has hailed Latitude's 'lovely' and 'sophisticated' atmosphere following his gig at Henham Park, near Southwold, at the weekend.
The comedian was full of praise for the Suffolk festival when he spoke to Mustard TV following his stand-up routine in the comedy tent on Saturday afternoon.
'It's just a really lovely vibe,' the I'm A Celebrity star explained, adding that the setting is 'sophisticated and nice'.
*For more Latitude news and reviews click here*
Dommett, 31, also commented on the difference between the small venue at Latitude and the large theatre stages he is used to performing at.
'It's very different,' he said. 'It's just a different gig. You can't base it on a normal theatre tour show… festival gigs are harder but I really love them.'
You may also want to watch:
Although Joel is used to camping in the wilderness following his I'm A Celebrity experience last year, he revealed that he had more difficulty sleeping at Latitude than at he did during his time on the ITV reality show.
'I don't sleep very well away from my house,' Joel confessed.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
'[In the jungle] you're not having any sugar, you have so little food, you have no coffee, you're just so tired that you just get in your hammock, you close your eyes and you open your eyes, and it's morning.
'It's the best sleep ever,' he added.
The former Skins star went on to explain that this was not his first time at Latitude.
'About five years ago I had a guest ticket. I was like, 'Look, I've got a guest ticket, who wants to drive me to Latitude and back?' and I tweeted it and then I picked the person who looked the least weird.'
Joel was joined by a whole host of other comedians such as Dara O'Briain and Katherine Ryan over the weekend.
He is currently on tour and is set to perform in Ipswich in September and Lowestoft in October.