Exhibitions showcasing the talents of local artists past and present
- Credit: Archant
Paintings showcasing the talents of local artists past and present are on show in King's Lynn.
Various exhibitions have opened in the town centre as part of the 68th annual King's Lynn Festival.
Lynn from all Angles, at the Fermoy Gallery, exhibits the works of King's Lynn artist Walter Dexter alongside the paintings of Cambridge-based artist Jon Harris.
Walter Dexter's reputation as one of the most prolific artists in the region is still growing more than 60 years after his death.
His paintings illustrate the rich colours of the West Norfolk landscape, particularly of King's Lynn which inspired most of his work.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harris said: 'I went to several of Walter Dexter's favourite viewpoints, it was lovely to try and trace his footsteps and paint things in his spirit.'
A collection paintings by Ely-based realist painter Christopher Witchall is on display at Tim Clayton Jewellery in Chapel Street.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Tim Clayton said the paintings captured the beauty of the Fens and West Norfolk, adding: 'We go round the world and see scores of exhibitions but you see one and you think wow, that is something special.
'The quality of his work is breathtaking.'
More information about the exhibitions and King's Lynn Festival can be found at www.kingslynnfestival.org.uk.