King’s Lynn Festival Too begins on Saturday
- Credit: Ian Burt
Singer Gabrielle, The Wonder Stuff and The Vamps are among the internationally-renowned artists featured in the two-week line-up of free live music.
The annual festival is now believed to be among the largest free music events in Europe and organisers are anticipating crowds of up to 15,000 people in the Tuesday Market Place area.
To begin, there will be street entertainment in King's Lynn throughout the day with live music at King's Staithe Square in the evening to set the scene for the rest of the festival.
Weather permitting, the plan is to end the first evening with a bang and have fireworks light the skies over the King's Lynn waterfront.
Bridget Nurse, chairman of the Festival Too organising committee, said: 'It will be great to have The Vamps in King's Lynn and we are expecting many of the band's fans to join us from all over the country so, for health and safety reasons, some people may be turned away if they arrive after the crowd limit of 15,000 has been reached.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Could I appeal for anyone who comes to see any of the bands or street entertainment this year for a donation in our Festival Too yellow buckets please? All of the money raised will go towards next year's programme.'
The committee are also launching another crowd funding initiative on Saturday.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
Saturday, June 25: Street entertainment throughout the day; live music at King's Staithe Square from 8pm. Fairground rides, food stalls with Bear Club performing party covers. Also fireworks.
Friday, July 1: Tuesday Market Place from 7.30pm. Odyssey, Kym Mazelle, Phats & Small and others. After party at the King's Lynn Corn Exchange (Tickets £5).
Saturday, July 2: Tuesday Market Place from 6.30pm (in association with KLFM). The Vamps, New Hope Club, DJ Mark Malle and others.
Sunday, July 3: Tuesday Market Place from 12noon. Rebelation, Kingdom Keys, Jake Morrell and others with BBC introducing... The Bloodhound 1000mph speed record car will be on show.
Friday, July 8: Tuesday Market Place from 7.30pm. The Wonder Stuff, Aladdinsane (Bowie Tribute) and The Thinking Men.
Saturday, July 9: Tuesday Market Place from 6.30pm. Gabrielle, BB Diamond, Victoria and others.
• Is your town hosting a large event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org