King's Lynn Festival tickets now on sale
Amy GrayTickets for the 59th King's Lynn Festival go on sale today, with guests including opera group Blake, the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and former director general of MI5, Dame Stella Rimington.Amy Gray
Tickets for the 59th King's Lynn Festival go on sale today, with guests including opera group Blake, the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain and former director general of MI5, Dame Stella Rimington.
Festival organisers said there has been lots of enthusiasm for this year's eclectic line-up and they are expecting a rush for tickets when the box office opens.
The event takes place between July 12 and 25 and classical music remains the cornerstone of the festival plus jazz, folk and a wide range of guests including politician and author Shirley Williams, historian David Starkey and writer AN Wilson.
Classical Brit winners Blake will make their first appearance in the area on July 19 with new member Barney, otherwise known as Humphrey Berney from Hockering, near Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
Festival administrator Joanne Mawson said: 'There has been huge interest right across the programme and we anticipate tickets will be in great demand. We have had inquiries from America and Japan and closer to home the Friends of the Festival have underlined the wide appeal of the programme during their priority booking period.
'Great efforts have been made to ensure the festival is accessible and 57pc of events have concessions including child or family tickets.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The popular Ukulele Orchestra will be in Lynn on July 22, The Mike Piggott Hot Club Trio will pay tribute to legendary jazz violinist Stephane Grappelli on July 24, and there will be a visit by folk stars Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick on July 15.
The opening concert, in St Nicholas' Chapel, will feature the King's Lynn Festival Chorus and the European Union Chamber Orchestra and two days later the orchestra will appear with pianist Freddy Kempf.
Clarinettist Emma Johnson will give a recital on July 16 and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment will feature in the early music day on July 18. The final concert by Berlin Symphoniker will be an all-Beethoven programme.
Artistic director Ambrose Miller said: 'The festival has something for everyone but in widening the appeal we are not compromising our high standards.'
Call the box office on 01553 764864. For more information about the festival call 01553 767557 or visit www.kingslynnfestival.org.uk