Kawabata and Chadwick
MICHAEL DRAKE Ss Peter and Paul's Church, Swaffham
A thoroughly enjoyable recital by two gifted young musicians – Narimichi Kawabata (violin) and Roderick Chadwick (cello) continued the Music in Country Churches series.
Kawabata learns every piece by ear, having been blinded at an early age, and he set the tone in Vitali Chaconne in G. It gave a bravura start to the mixed programme.
The four contrasting movements of Cesar Franck's Sonata in A Major gave the pairing changing opportunities with a quite aggressive Allegro followed by well controlled quieter passages followed by a musical whirlwind.
Then five short pieces contained different ways of showing off on the violin, either with beautiful tone, or technique, neither of which could be faulted by this complementary duo.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan