Joe McFadden crowned Strictly Come Dancing champion
- Credit: PA
Actor Joe McFadden has been crowned winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2017, making him the oldest champion in the show's history.
The Holby City star and partner Katya Jones came out top of a public vote in Saturday-night's final after 13 weeks of competition.
McFadden, 42, beat off competition from fellow finalists Alexandra Burke, Debbie McGee and Gemma Atkinson to claim the glitterball trophy.
He and Jones were held aloft by the show's dancers and celebrities on the Strictly dance floor after their win.
He hugged partner Jones and said it was 'completely surreal'.
You may also want to watch:
Asked if he had expected to be crowned champion, the Scottish star added: 'Not in a million years, it feels completely surreal and I'm so in awe of everyone who started all of those weeks ago.'
He called Jones an 'amazing woman', adding 'thank you for sticking with me and persevering'.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
Jones told her dance partner: 'You did it, you are so brilliant.'
At 42, McFadden is the oldest winner since the series started in 2004.