Joe McFadden crowned Strictly Come Dancing champion
- Credit: PA
Actor Joe McFadden has been crowned winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2017, making him the oldest champion in the show's history.
The Holby City star and partner Katya Jones came out top of a public vote in Saturday-night's final after 13 weeks of competition.
McFadden, 42, beat off competition from fellow finalists Alexandra Burke, Debbie McGee and Gemma Atkinson to claim the glitterball trophy.
He and Jones were held aloft by the show's dancers and celebrities on the Strictly dance floor after their win.
He hugged partner Jones and said it was 'completely surreal'.
You may also want to watch:
Asked if he had expected to be crowned champion, the Scottish star added: 'Not in a million years, it feels completely surreal and I'm so in awe of everyone who started all of those weeks ago.'
He called Jones an 'amazing woman', adding 'thank you for sticking with me and persevering'.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Jones told her dance partner: 'You did it, you are so brilliant.'
At 42, McFadden is the oldest winner since the series started in 2004.