How you can get tickets as comedian Jimmy Carr brings his new tour to Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Top comedian Jimmy Carr will make a welcome return to the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft next year.
The funnyman will bring his brand new show Terribly Funny to the venue on May 25, 2019.
Touring the UK throughout 2019–2020, the award-winning comedian will perform at more than 90 UK venues with a show that will be packed full with jokes about all kinds of terrible things. Terrible things that might have affected you, or people you know and love.
The comedian launched his career in 2000 and has reached household name status thanks to his many television appearances – having hosted Channel 4 shows including 8 Out of 10 Cats and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.
Tickets go on general sale for his performance at the Marina on Friday, October 26 at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
In the week ahead, the Marina Theatre welcomes And Finally Phil Collins at 7.30pm on Friday, October 26. This well-established and entertaining production will see an action packed two hours of the best-known songs from Grammy award winner Phil Collins performed.
As the venue moonwalks into Saturday, Jackson: Live in Concert will take to the stage at the Marina Theatre. This show brings together superb musicians and dancers, fabulous costumes and all the signature dance moves associated with the undisputed King of Pop.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
The Marina Theatre will kick off a new week off in style as the Ladyboys of Bangkok return on Monday, October 29 at 7.30pm. Celebrating their 20th Anniversary this number one cabaret show is all about spectacular costumes, choreography and hilarious comedy.
A midweek treat is then in store for the whole family next Wednesday, October 31 as the Russian National Ballet returns to the UK to enchant all with The Nutcracker. The original Christmas story tells the story of Marie, a sad little girl, whose godfather gives her a Nutcracker doll as a present on Christmas Eve. In her lively imagination it turns into a prince and the magic starts…
A short Royal Shakespeare Company screening season has also been announced for next year. Broadcast live to the Marina Theatre's big screen As You Like It (April 17), The Taming of the Shrew (June 5) and Measure and Measure (July 31) will enthral and captivate all Shakespeare fans.
Visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk or call the theatre's box office on 01502 533200 to book tickets.