RICHARD PARR King's Lynn Corn Exchange
King's Lynn Corn Exchange
She's feisty, funny, wears fabulous frocks and wowed everyone with a powerful vocal performance that left her capacity audience calling for more.
Jane McDonald, accompanied by her talented orchestra and two backing vocalists and dancers, gave us a selection of everything from disco medley to emotionally-charged ballads, Latin American and jazz.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of her dynamic musical tour-de-force, which was also a visual feast with superb lighting effects, her appreciative audience just wouldn't let her go. After two standing ovations, she gave them a rip-roaring disco medley bringing the audience to their dancing feet.
Jane, currently seen on TV's Loose Women chat show, apologised for her late appearance on stage, (the start, advertised for 8pm, was 20 minutes late) blaming a traffic hold-up, but she was certainly worth waiting for.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 9 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
From the start she looked every bit the diva in a shimmering silver/blue close-fitting gown with a royal blue chiffon floaty coat, and her rather risque opening line (not repeatable in a family newspaper) had everyone in stitches.
As a performer Jane is tremendous value. As well as being able to belt out a song with the best of them, she has a wonderful down-to-earth comic style which the audience loved.
Traditional variety is sadly lacking today and Jane's concert brings a welcome return to this easy listening style of live entertainment.
It was a wonderful evening that evoked the era of the greatest divas with glitz, glamour and pure musical magic.
The great songs came one after another: You are My World, I Only Want to be with You, Kiss Me Honey, Honey and This is the Moment.
She also gave us a couple of heart-rending ballads, There's Not A Day and Give Me Time, which reflected her versatility.