Jane Eyre actors step out of the storybook at Norwich book store
- Credit: Norwich Theatre Royal
From the page to the stage - actors appearing in an adaptation of the Charlotte Brontë classic Jane Eyre at Norwich Theatre Royal have been taking time out to visit one of Norwich's independent book stores.
Nadia Clifford and Tim Delap, who play Jane Eyre and Mr Rochester in the National Theatre and Bristol Old Vic production, visited the Book Hive on Tuesday where they spoke about their experiences of the well known novel.
Ms Clifford said: 'I first read Jane Eyre when I was about 14, and straight away I felt such an affinity with Jane, and with so many characters in the novel. And then I read it again at about 21. Obviously I re-read the book when I got the part, and I was reminded of how many emotions I experienced the first time I read it, and how much I identified with it as a teenager.'
Mr Delap said the stage adapation remained very faithful to the book, including all the best bits from the novel and all the key moments in Jane Eyre's life.
'We've just added a huge amount of theatricality to it and we've told it in a really exciting, theatrical, visual way,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Eyre is at Norwich Theatre Royal until Saturday. Tickets £8-£27.50. Visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate