Brit Award winner James Morrison called in at Thetford Forest as part of his outdoor summer concert series.
His trademark raspy vocals - put down to whooping cough as a child were as raw and edgy as always and perfectly suited his lingering, soulful lyrics.
His mix of hits were Wonderful World and You Give Me Something, with the odd cover version and his new hit Undiscovered. James, a bit of a surfer geek, appeared to enjoy himself as much as the capacity 6000-strong crowd and informed us that we were “awesome”.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford Forest is fast becoming a premier-division concert venue and it is certainly one that I like. It is more intimate than Blickling and less corporate than most.
James kicked off a weekend of entertainment at Thetford, with Travis on tonight and Irish legend Van Morrison appearing tomorrow.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading