Iwan Roberts has his eye on the ball for Mustard TV’s live broadcasts
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A familiar face to many Norwich City fans is to make an appearance on Mustard TV's pre-season friendly coverage next week.
Former city star Iwan Roberts has revealed that he will be a studio guest during the exclusive live broadcasts of both of Norwich's games.
The 46-year-old, who spent seven years at the club, said: 'I'm really looking forward to it. It will give me a chance to see how the team is progressing in the pre-season under Alex Neil.
'We have not got long until the first game of the season and this will get me into the flow of things. I will be talking about any goals, who has shone and who needs to do better.'
The Sky Sports and BBC Wales commentator will be speaking in the studio before the game, as well as at half-time and full-time.
Next week's friendlies at Carrow Road are against West Ham on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off) and Brentford on Saturday, August 1 (3pm).
Tuesday's fixture will be one of the first times that the team has played in its new 2015/16 home kit.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
And while it received a mixed reception on social media, Mr Roberts said he was a fan. He added: 'I quite like the home kit, it's the third kit that I'm not too keen on - I think it's more of an acquired taste.'
Next week's broadcast will be the first time Mustard TV has shown a City pre-season game.
It is thanks to an exclusive partnership with Lowestoft theme park Pleasurewood Hills, which is sponsoring Mustard TV's new programme, On the Ball City Live (OTBC Live).
The channel will include half-time and post-match analysis, and coverage of both games will also be repeated.
Tom Rennie, from the radio station Talk Sport, will be on hand to commentate on both matches. He will be joined by Michael Bailey, Mustard TV sports editor and Evening News sports reporter, for the West Ham game.
Meanwhile, BBC 5 Live commentator Mike Sewell will be speaking about the Brentford match.
Coverage of both games will be uploaded to Norwich City's Pay TV service, Canaries TV, for fans to watch on demand.
Take a look at Mustard TV's latest sporting coverage at www.mustardtv.co.uk or watch on Freeview channel 8, or Virgin channel 159.