Air date revealed for Norwich episode of ITV’s In For A Penny
- Credit: Archant
The air date has been revealed for the Norwich episode of Saturday Night Takeaway spin-off In for a Penny.
Each episode of the seven-part series is filmed in a different city around the UK and is presented by Stephen Mulhern.
The game sees Stephen springing up on members of the public who can offer a 1p stake to win £1,000 by answering a series of silly questions such as his age or the TV show he hosts.
The first episode airs this Saturday April 13 in Cardiff and the second next Saturday April 20 will be in Norwich.
Stephen was spotted filming in the city for two days last August, starting with The Forum and Norwich Airport and moving onto Tesco in Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston, the following day.Two women spotted taking part at the Forum were seen doing a 'let's be havin' you' Delia Smith impression before the quiz and were asked to identify custard and mustard in two pots.
The series also includes 'real world games that you might play in your head or with your family' such as Guess the Weight of your Suitcase which they played and filmed at Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
The games also continued with Check It Out at Tesco and the chance for customers to win their shopping.
Speaking at the time of filming, a spokesman for Tesco Sproswston said: 'Stephen selected customers as they came in the store and they had to guess correctly whether each of the four items selected by the crew was more or less expensive than the previous item starting with a jar of olives for 75p.
'If they got them all correct they would win the contents of their shopping.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
'There was fantastic reaction to Stephen in store and a really good buzz from customers and colleagues - it's made their day.'
In For A Penny has always been a segment on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway but in early 2018 was commissioned for its own series.
Other locations in the series include Essex, Glasgow and Leeds and Norwich was the last episode filmed.
In For A Penny airs at 7.30pm on Saturday April 20 on ITV.