Isla for Mundesley Festival
Richard Batson Game show hostess and singer Isla St Clair is among the acts appearing at a Norfolk seaside entertainment festival this summer.
Game show hostess and singer Isla St Clair is among the acts appearing at a Norfolk seaside entertainment festival this summer.
The Scottish lassie shot to fame as the glamorous giggling girl alongside Larry Grayson on the Generation Game in 1978.
But she was already an accomplished folk singer and went on to resume that successful music career - with a string of albums and concert performances majoring on the traditional Scottish folk songs she grew up with. Now 55-year-old Isla is lined-up to star in the Mundesley Festival during August.
During the week there will be a mix of other music and fun for all tastes, ranging from an “old time” variety show and big band, to jazz and show songs, as well a visit from the Press Gang during their farewell tour.
General manager Derek Kirk said advance ticket sales were already promising, and they were hoping for a good year.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
t Sunday August 3 - Old Time Music Hall.
t Monday August 4 - Jonathan Wyatt Big Band with Ollie Day
t Tuesday August 5 - Keith Skipper and the Press Gang.
t Wednesday August 6 - Vintage jazz with Dennis Lotis and Ronnie Hughes
t Thursday August 7 - Isla St Clair with Alan Taylor.
t Friday August 8 - Tribute to Oscar Peterson with Helen Baden and the Craig Milverton Trio.
t Saturday August 9 - Upper Octave with Andrew Lloyd Webber songs
All shows 7.45pm. Ticket information and booking through the box office 01263 720531 or 07867 632998.