I've not been dumped by label - Myleene

Norfolk music star Myleene Klass last night dismissed claims that she had been dumped by her record company – and revealed that her debut solo album was in fact about to go gold.

Norfolk music star Myleene Klass last night dismissed claims that she had been dumped by her record company – and revealed that her debut solo album was in fact about to go gold.

Talking exclusively to the EDP, the Gorleston-born singer also confirmed for the first time that she is to launch a fresh assault on the pop charts at the same time as pursuing her classical music career.

At the weekend, national newspaper suggested record company bosses had axed Myleene's £1m classical recording contract.

But she said: "The situation is a bit complicated, but I haven't been dumped."

"It was really upsetting that they rained on my parade, because Moving On has almost sold enough to go gold, and I am really looking forward to getting the disc to put on my wall.

"The video from the album is the most requested on Classic FM television, and it was the first classical video to make it on to The Box, I've just had a Brits nomination up against Pavarotti and the album is about to be released in Asia.

Most Read

"Some pop people get confused about classical music because you don't release singles, and I've had to spend some time getting used to all that as well."

And the 26-year-old singer said that she is to return to the pop charts, with a new album, out in April or May.

"The plan is to release a second classical album probably towards the end of next year, but on Thursday I'm going in to the studio to work on a new album that will count more as pop," she said.

"A lot of people said they really liked the classical album, but they missed my vocals, so I will be singing again.

"It won't be pop in the sense that there are dance routines. It will be me at my piano – but that doesn't mean I'll be one of those people whining at the keyboard.

"At the moment I'm writing the material and working on all the arrangements with a producer. I think I will be one of the first people to have albums out at the same time in different genres."

Myleene also broke her silence over press allegations about her boyfriend Graham Quinn, who she met as Hear'Say's tour manager.

"I didn't talk about them at the time because there were so many incorrect facts, and if you speak out it legitimises them. They were saying things like he was secretly married and had children.

"It's not nice for a girl to read those sorts of things, or for my family, but it has all been sorted out now.

"I've been really busy recently, and I've just done a shoot for a new calendar that will be sold on the myleeneofficial.co.uk website.

"I've got to wear so many different hats and the travel side has been fantastic. Every challenge is different and that is what I was aiming for – but I still get to go round to my mum's for Sunday roast."

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter