Hunstanton Festival Pantomime to hold newest offering Hansel and Gretel at the Town Hall
- Credit: Archant
During the festive season, Hunstanton comes alive with stage entertainment.
One of the offerings is Hunstanton Festival Pantomime's newest production, Hansel and Gretel.
Rehearsals are under way for this year's panto, which will be held at the Hunstanton Town Hall.
The story is a spin on the famed tale of brother and sister Hansel and Gretel, who in this production, try help their mother from being thrown out onto the street by the wicked landlord and his sidekick accountant.
Tony Bishopp, from Hunstanton Festival Pantomime, said: 'This year's show will be a real treat, especially with the creative and award-winning writing and directing skills of John Giller, as well as the expert stage management of Alan Chester who has certainly come up with some original ideas.
'Local panto is great for the entire family, the children have a great time and being local it makes the trip more affordable for the parents.
Last year's panto sold out, attracting over 1,000 people across the six shows.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
Due to that success, the panto will hold seven shows this year with performances at 2pm and 7pm between December 27 and 29, with an extra performance at 2pm on December 30.
Profits from the Hunstanton Festival Pantomime will be used to raise money for local charities.
Tickets are £7.50 for adults and £5 for children. They are available from Cherry Tree Chocolates, High Street, Hunstanton, and the Tourist Information Centre, The Green. They can also be bought on 01485 532610.
If you are holding a nativity play this Christmas, send us your images of the show via a dedicted section on our iWitness website, so we can feature it. Go to www.iwitness24.co.uk