Howlback's Festival in the Garden
VINCE YALLOP Howlback Hum has been staging gigs around Norwich for several years now, bringing an eclectic, underground and random mix together. This Sunday it moves to South Norfolk for a one-day special.
Howlback Hum has been staging gigs around Norwich for several years now, bringing an eclectic, underground and experimental mix of random talent together several times each month - think everyone from hotshots Kaito playing back rooms of pubs to bearded chatacters with saucepans and bottles for a drumkit.
This year has seen a branching out of activity, including the We're From Norwich 12in compilation launched at Norwich Arts Centre last month.
Now Howlback Hum organiser Shane O'Connor (who himself peforms under a variety of guises) and friends take the lo-fi experience out of the city for a one-day special - Festival in the Garden - on Sunday August 29 at the Raveningham Centre, on the B1136 between Loddon and Beccles, from 2pm.
The line-up includes Alto 45, Charlotte Morris, Cactus Quartet, Royal McBee, Lalia, Teknikov, Roberte, Rory McVicar and Ashley Smith, Evader, PostaLowa, Hoofus, Horses Brawl, Le Tetsuo, Elsub, Magoo, T-Bone Steak, plus DJ The Fantastic Mr Fox.
There will also be a beer tent, food and the coffee shop will be open.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
Entry is just £2. Further info on 01508 548406.