How to enter the 2017 East Anglian Book Awards
- Credit: Archant
How to enter this year's EDP-Jarrold East Anglian Book Awards, in association with Writers' Centre Norwich and UEA.
We welcome entries in the following categories: Fiction; Poetry; History and Tradition; Biography and Memoir; General Non-Fiction; and Children's Books.
To qualify works have to be set largely in East Anglia or be written by an author living in the region, which for the awards' purposes is defined as the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk, and the area of Fenland District Council.
Books must have been physically published for the first time between July 23, 2016 and July 20, 2017 and been commercially available.
To enter, simply submit TWO physical copies of your nominated book, plus a covering letter which includes details of which category you would like it to be entered for. You should include an email address if you would like your entry to be acknowledged.
You may also want to watch:
Send your entries to Trevor Heaton, East Anglian Book Awards, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE. Any entry queries should also be addressed to him at trevor.heaton@ archant.co.uk with 'EABA' in the subject line.
The closing date for entries is noon on FRIDAY JULY 21 2017. To help the judging process, please don't leave your entry to the last minute. We cannot return entries.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
All titles will be considered before the judges draw up their shortlist for each category.
Organisers reserve the right to withdraw or amend any category depending on number of entries received.
Due to the volume of entries, we regret that we are not able to give feedback to entrants.
This shortlist will be published in the Eastern Daily Press, Evening News, and on-line, by early October. Shortlisted authors will be informed.