Holkham Hall puts on the sparkle for festive season
- Credit: Archant
The magic of Christmas comes to Holkham Hall this festive season as the north Norfolk estate is transformed once again into a winter wonderland.
And there are plenty of chances to enjoy the sparkly spectacle and everyone into the festive spirit.
Seasonal celebrations start on December 6 and 7, 13 and 14 when visitors can see the hall magnificently decorated with Christmas trees galore, real greenery from the park, amazing decorations, delicious scents and candlelight. There are costumed characters, music and a storyteller, art activities, horse-drawn carriage rides and face painting. The courtyard, gift shop and cafe open at 10am, the Hall opens at 11am. Last entry 4pm.
* Tickets: On the Day Adult £15, Child (age 2-16) £10, Family (2 adults and 2 children) £45. Get a 10% Discount by visiting www.holkham.co.uk.
Candlelight tours of Holkham Hall take place from Wednesday December 10 to Friday December 12 and Wednesday December 17 to Friday December 19, 4pm to 8pm. See the flicker of hundreds of candles and stunning Christmas decorations with live piano music from the Marble Hall. Learn how the decorations were created and discover some intriguing stories of Holkham's history and its residents, past and present.
* Tickets must be pre-booked: Adult £15, child £10 (suitable for children aged 10 and over), includes a glass of prosecco or soft drink and a mince pie.
As the big day approaches you can enjoy a special audience with Father Christmas in the saloon. There will be a present for all the younger visitors, a soft drink and a biscuit and a glass of Prosecco for adults. The Christmas pop-up shop in the hall will be open for last minute presents and treats. Performances at 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm on Saturday December 20 and Sunday December 21.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
* Tickets cost £14 (including a personalised present, soft drink and a Christmas biscuit for children up to the age of 12). Tickets can only be booked online.
Enjoy some Christmas Theatre on the 20th and 21st at 7pm as Rain or Shine Theatre Company present Great Expectations in the Marble Hall.
* Tickets: Auditorium Adult £17.50, Child £12.50, Gallery (restricted viewing) Adult £13.50, Child £8.50, include a glass of wine or soft drink and a mince pie. Suitable for children aged seven years and above.
For more information on tickets and to book visit www.holkham.co.uk.