Helen McDermott and friends to celebrate flop Broadway and West End shows in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A celebration of flop shows from Broadway and the West End is heading to North Walsham.
Flopsical is a fast-moving and funny mixture of music and stories.
The history of the musical is full of shows that failed and been long forgotten, but that left us with unforgettable songs, the work of great names such as Rodgers and Hart, Noel Coward, Irving Berlin, Ivor Novello, Jerome Kern and Vincent Youmans.
Flopsical features the cast that staged the popular and highly successful Cowards in the Wings.
Singer turned TV and radio-presenter Helen McDermott and Adrian Wright are joined by the delightful Susie Turner, accompanied by Annette Jude - the former matron of Kelling Hospital - and interrupted by John Knowles.
You may also want to watch:
Original title music is by East Anglia-based composer Nathan Williamson.
The show is a feast of many treats, including a love song to a pony, a ditty in praise of wallpaper, and a selection of songs from probably the most notorious British musical of all time, John Osborne's The World of Paul Slickey, numbers unheard since the show closed in 1959.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
'A unique entertainment, we absolutely love it,' said Adrian, who added he was 'biased naturally, but right.'
Flopsical comes to the Atrium at North Walsham on Saturday September 27 at 7.30pm.
All tickets are £12 though the box office on 01692 218060, the website theatrium.org.uk, or via the Showcase Gallery and Newsagents, Market Place, North Walsham.