Historic hall hosting bank holiday drive-in cinema screenings
- Credit: John Newstead
A nostalgic cinema experience is coming to an historic hall for families this August bank holiday.
Norfolk events company Outside Live is taking over the grounds of Taverham Hall, outside of Norwich, on Friday, August 28, to show Frozen 1 and 2 at noon, followed by Dirty Dancing from 8pm.
The outdoor screening will be based around the 1950s-style cinema experience where people can watch the films from their cars.
A spokesman for Outside Live, said: “We enjoy bringing entertainment to Norfolk and we thought the authentic drive-in experience will mean everyone can enjoy a bank holiday to remember while also staying safe.
“Everyone who had already bought tickets to our Norfolk Showground Outdoor Cinema events can now use them at Taverham Hall.”
You may also want to watch:
To add to the vintage feel, waiters, including some on roller-skates, will be delivering food and drink to people in their cars.
Pizza will also be available and there will be a fully licensed bar.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
More films for the bank holiday screening will be announced later on.
Tickets for the drive-in cinema events go on sale at 10am from Wednesday, June 3, at www.outsidelive.co.uk. Entry costs £25 per car.
The Ibiza: LIVE event featuring DJ Dave Pearce and a full orchestra, also organised by Outside Live, has been rescheduled to take place on September 18, 2021, at the Norfolk Showground.
An Outside Live spokesman said: “We have been working hard in order to secure a revised date for this event. At the beginning of the Covid-19 outbreak, we thought we would not be able to go ahead but we are delighted that, thanks to the support of the showground, our partner organisations and the Outside Live team, we can celebrate the iconic tunes loved by everyone who has visited the White Isle featuring one of Britain’s best-loved and well-known DJ’s is coming to the county.”
Tickets for Ibiza Live will also go on sale at 10am from Wednesday, June 3, from www.outsidelive.co.uk.