Nationally renowned guitar composer is coming to Halesworth
- Credit: Kris Pawlowski
A nationally renowned composer and 'guitar virtuoso' is coming to Halesworth next month.
Richard Durrant's style – which has been described as 'brimful of technically impressive guitar playing on the folk/classical cusp' will appear at The Cut in Halesworth on Thursday, October 4.
The Shoreham musician will appear at The Cut in Halesworth as part of his latest UK tour promoting his double album 'Stringhenge'.
The shows feature a collection of original solo music, all performed on concert guitar, tenor guitar and ukulele.
A spokesman said: 'This highly original double album is instantly likeable (especially on vinyl) and has a distinct narrative arc suggesting that Durrant is inviting us to sit and listen to all four sides in one sitting.
You may also want to watch:
'Whether you do or not Stringhenge is an intriguing creation by a maverick musician at the height of his powers.
'The original instrumentals 'My Lady Jane' and 'The Walrus Tree' are delicate and profound in equal measure whilst the stand-out song 'Kenneth the Hedge' (a remarkable ditty about an ancient hedgerow hacked down to make way for a bypass) is delivered with a casual abandon befitting early Pink Floyd. '
Find more information about the show on October 4 at 7.30pm, tickets £14 here.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors