Nationally renowned guitar composer is coming to Halesworth
- Credit: Kris Pawlowski
A nationally renowned composer and 'guitar virtuoso' is coming to Halesworth next month.
Richard Durrant's style – which has been described as 'brimful of technically impressive guitar playing on the folk/classical cusp' will appear at The Cut in Halesworth on Thursday, October 4.
The Shoreham musician will appear at The Cut in Halesworth as part of his latest UK tour promoting his double album 'Stringhenge'.
The shows feature a collection of original solo music, all performed on concert guitar, tenor guitar and ukulele.
A spokesman said: 'This highly original double album is instantly likeable (especially on vinyl) and has a distinct narrative arc suggesting that Durrant is inviting us to sit and listen to all four sides in one sitting.
You may also want to watch:
'Whether you do or not Stringhenge is an intriguing creation by a maverick musician at the height of his powers.
'The original instrumentals 'My Lady Jane' and 'The Walrus Tree' are delicate and profound in equal measure whilst the stand-out song 'Kenneth the Hedge' (a remarkable ditty about an ancient hedgerow hacked down to make way for a bypass) is delivered with a casual abandon befitting early Pink Floyd. '
Find more information about the show on October 4 at 7.30pm, tickets £14 here.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm