Group discounts on offer ahead of Norwich Ice Rink grand opening
- Credit: Archant
Families and friends are gearing up for the grand opening of the Norwich Ice Rink this Friday.
And groups who take to the ice on the Castle Mall Gardens attraction can take advantage of a group booking discount.
With the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News ice rink now installed, there is no better time for people to get their skates on for the fun day out.
The rink, which this year is sponsored by Sleeping Beauty at the Norwich Theatre Royal, has run several offers since announcing that it would be back for a third year.
It is currently offering 10pc off group bookings for 10 people or more.
You may also want to watch:
Normal ticket prices are £12 per adult, £8 for children and concessions, and £32 for a family of two adults and two children.
Skate aids can be hired for £4.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
Customers wishing to take advantage of the 10pc group booking discount should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time they would like to skate.
There is also a great deal for people travelling to the rink by bus, thanks to a High5 group travel ticket for £8.
The offer of a ticket for up to five people includes all Norwich Zones with First Bus.
Stephanie Griffin, one of the members of the team at the Norwich Ice Rink, said: 'We know that Christmas can be an expensive time, so we have organised a variety of deals throughout the campaign for our customers so that everyone can enjoy the ice.
'With the flooring being put down for the rink this week, and with so many tickets being booked in advance, we cannot wait to start meeting people at the event.'
The rink is open from December 15 until January 7, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Opening hours will be from 10am to 9pm daily, with the last skate session starting at 8pm.
The rink is made from real ice which promises a smooth, traditional skating experience.
It will also feature atmospheric lighting and festive music.
Snowy Joey the 50ft snowman bouncy castle will be making a return to the rink over the festive period as an extra treat for children.
In 2016 more than 16,000 people took to the Norwich Ice Rink.
To book your skating tickets in advance and for more information, visit www.icerinknorwich.co.uk