Ground Force stars to appear at Norfolk Summer Garden Show
Around 35,000 people are expected to pack out the Norfolk Showground this weekend for the return of annual dog and garden shows.
There will even be two celebrity gardening stars at the showground on Monday, as former Ground Force presenters Charlie Dimmock and Tommy Walsh are reunited for the bank holiday.
The showground will be open between 9.30am and 5pm on Saturday, Sunday and Monday for the Norfolk Summer Garden Show, as well as Sunday and Monday for the Norfolk All About Dogs Show.
The garden show will feature hundreds of stands selling garden goods such as plants, flowers, furniture, allotment tools and outdoor buildings.
There will also be a series of gardening demonstrations, including Ground Force stars Dimmock and Walsh leading fun talks and demonstrations in the event's 'how to' theatre.
You may also want to watch:
The pair used to star alongside Alan Titchmarsh on the popular BBC television show. DIY handyman Walsh will demonstrate how to construct garden structures such as obelisks and plant troughs, whereas green-fingered Dimmock will carry out some potting demos and answer plant and flower questions.
With the dog displays and family fun of the dog show running alongside the garden show, organiser Matt Upson is hopeful of a busy weekend.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
'To have both Charlie and Tommie is definitely a real coup,' said Mr Upson. 'Charlie was here about 10 years ago and it was unbelievable how popular she was, it was like having a film star at the showground.
'So the two of them will be back together, doing some demonstrations, answering questions and giving advice on landscaping, water features, things like that.'
The Ground Force duo are due to be at the show between 11am and 3pm on Monday.
People attending the garden show also get free entry to the dog show. Tickets on the gate are £6.50 for adults, £5.50 for concessions, £2 for children under-16 and free for under-fives. Cheaper tickets are also available if pre-booked at www.aztecevents.co.uk
Are you attending an event this weekend? Share your photos and video at www.iwitness24.co.uk