Gresham’s School in Holt to hold a Festival of Nature
- Credit: Archant
Conservationists, art historians, poets, herbalists, artists and biologists will be joining forces to celebrate the natural world in a festival.
The 2014 Festival of Nature: Water/Land will be held between Monday February 24-Saturday March 1 at the Auden Theatre in Holt. It has been organised by Gresham's School.
Highlights will include the festival lecture, to be given by author Mark Cocker, and a week-long exhibition by landscape poet Harriet Tarlo and artist Judith Tucker.
The event is being held after the successful Festival of Nature Writing in 2011.
Expert Andy Mackay will be giving a talk entitled Picturing Nature: Great works of landscape art from the Renaissance to the present day on Tuesday February 25 between 6.30-7.30pm. Tickets cost £5.
David North, head of people and wildlife at Norfolk Wildlife Trust will be talking about the landscape and wildlife around Cley Marshes on Tuesday February 25 between 8-9pm. Tickets cost £5.
Other events include a writing workshop on Saturday March 1 at 2pm. Tickets cost £25.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
A ticket for the whole festival costs £25. Call the box office on 01263 713444 for more information.