Gresham’s School in Holt to hold a Festival of Nature
- Credit: Archant
Conservationists, art historians, poets, herbalists, artists and biologists will be joining forces to celebrate the natural world in a festival.
The 2014 Festival of Nature: Water/Land will be held between Monday February 24-Saturday March 1 at the Auden Theatre in Holt. It has been organised by Gresham's School.
Highlights will include the festival lecture, to be given by author Mark Cocker, and a week-long exhibition by landscape poet Harriet Tarlo and artist Judith Tucker.
The event is being held after the successful Festival of Nature Writing in 2011.
Expert Andy Mackay will be giving a talk entitled Picturing Nature: Great works of landscape art from the Renaissance to the present day on Tuesday February 25 between 6.30-7.30pm. Tickets cost £5.
You may also want to watch:
David North, head of people and wildlife at Norfolk Wildlife Trust will be talking about the landscape and wildlife around Cley Marshes on Tuesday February 25 between 8-9pm. Tickets cost £5.
Other events include a writing workshop on Saturday March 1 at 2pm. Tickets cost £25.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
A ticket for the whole festival costs £25. Call the box office on 01263 713444 for more information.