Two GoGoHares competitions launched as countdown continues for charity art trail
- Credit: Nick Butcher
As the countdown to Norfolk's GoGoHares trail continues, hare's your chance to have a GoGo at competitions involving two of the colourful sculptures that will decorate the county this summer.
The GoGoHares - brought to Norfolk by children's charity Break and Wild in Art - are set to follow in the footsteps of the GoGoGorillas! and GoGoDragons! and hop into the county from June 24 to September 8.
Today the latest sculpture was unveiled in Norwich's Royal Arcade - an elegantly decorated black and gold hare created by artist Fiona Muller from ERM CIC and designed to complement the beautiful Art Nouveau-inspired location.
The hare will be on display there from February 17 to 25 and now the sculpture's sponsor JLL is challenging people to come up with a name for the newest member of the GoGo gang.
Hannah Petch, JLL managing agent, said: 'We are keen to get the public involved in the naming of our majestic GoGoHare, and look forward to the creative ideas people may have.'
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile children are being invited to take part in a different competition and win the chance to unveil a literary-themed hare on World Book Day.
Dipple & Conway has sponsored the hare, which is currently being created by artist Jo Fiske, and for the competition the opticians is asking children to design some book-themed spectacles. There are two age categories - under eights and ages eight to 16 - and the two winners will together unveil Dipple & Conway's hare at Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library at 4pm on March 1. They will also win some book-themed goodies.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
Matthew Conway, Dipple & Conway director, said: 'Our hare is a gorgeous girl. Thanks to Jo's amazing brushwork, she has so much character and a definite sparkle in her eye. We're sure that both children and adults are going to be enchanted by her. We're hoping lots of people will come along to the reveal of our book-themed hare on March 1 and join us for some story-telling in the children's library afterwards.'
• People have until February 27 to submit their ideas for the name of the Royal Arcade hare by emailing GoGo.Hares@eu.jll.com
• To download a spectacle template for the Dipple & Conway competition and for more details about how to enter, visit www.dippleandconway.co.uk. The deadline for entries is Tuesday, February 20.
• For more about GoGoHares, visit www.gogohares.co.uk