Girls, gadgets, cars and villains at Blickling Hall 007-themed concert
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
A bevy of Bond girls and gadgets will be part of a glitzy outdoor concert taking its theme from special agent 007.
The Last Night of the Blickling Proms on August 10 will mix movie music with singalong proms classics, a Spitfire flying display and fireworks finale - as well as the special spy trimmings.
A replica of the iconic Aston Martin DB5 used in the film Skyfall will be present on the evening. And members of the marque's owners club will also bring other several sleek Astons to the stately venue.
Concertgoers are also being encouraged to dress up for a best-dressed Bond girl or villain competition, with a magnum of champagne prize.
It gives the prospect of an audience which could include Pussy Galore, Honey Rider, Vesper Lynd, Jaws, Scaramanga or Oddjob.
Contenders will be invited to proceed down to the front of the stage at the start of the interval when the competition will be judged and the prize presented by Denver Hewlett, chief executive of event sponsors Belling.
There will also be replicas of a Lotus Esprit, like the one used in The Spy Who Loved Me and the Little Nellie autogryo used in You Only Live Twice.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 8 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
Sinfonia Viva, conducted by Roderick Dunk with mezzo soprano Jessic Walker, provides the music.
There will be movie themes in the first half, including a symphonic medley of James Bond themes such as Goldfinger, Live and Let Die and Skyfall plus other cinematic classics from Titanic and Schindler's List.
The second half will be full of Proms favourites, including Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory.
The Grace Spitfire, which proved popular at last year's event, returns for another choreographed air display, before the evening is rounded off with a fireworks finale over the lake.
There will be a hog roast and bar on site and Byfords hampers can be booked in advance.
Tickets are available for £32 visit www.revival-productions.co.uk or call the box office on 01263 734711.
There are no booking fees will be charged and car and coach parking on the night is free.
Tickets on the night are £35 each.