Gig of the weekend: Wet Nuns
- Credit: Archant
For this week's Gig of the Weekend I highlight Wet Nuns' upcoming performance at the The Norwich Arts Centre, Saturday night from 8pm
Gig of the Weekend is a new weekly guide to top gigs in and around Norwich. We want to hear what gigs you're looking forward to and any tips you would give to rookie gig-goers. If you have any top tips please leave them in the comment section below.
2013 is kicking off to be a big year for the Yorkshire duo Wet Nuns. Not only have they already had huge success at major gigs such as the Reading & Leeds Festivals, Bestival, Liverpool and the Great Escape, getting rave reviews, but they have also been hotly-tipped by Radio 1's Huw Stephens and drummer to the Arctic Monkeys Matt Helders.
This is not the first tour of the year for Wet Nuns - they have already had the exciting opportunity of supporting Blood Red Shoes at both Norwich and Shepherd's Bush at the end of January.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 8 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 9 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
Wet Nuns' EP Broken Teeth has come out this month, just in time for the full UK tour to go alongside it, which started in Newcastle on February 21.
Here is the official video to the single from the EP, Broken Teeth.
Wet Nuns are playing Saturday night (2 March) at the Norwich Arts Centre, supported by Psalms and Khan. Tickets are still available and can be brought here: http://www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk/events/wet-nuns-presented-by-gravy--02-03-13-.aspx or at the door on the night.
You can also check out their Facebook page with more details on the tour and the upcoming EP: https://www.facebook.com/wetnuns