From Norwich to the USA - artist transports art fans to the City of Angels with her brightly-coloured work
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A colourful kaleidoscope of art inspired by America's City of Angels takes centre stage in a new exhibition at Norwich Arts Centre.
L.A Days is the latest show by Norwich-based artist Ruth Knapp who is known for her bright colours, pop art imagery and her signature street art pineapples.
For this new exhibition - which runs until August 23 - she has taken as a starting point her 10-day trip to California earlier this year and mixed in influences from the David Hockney retrospective at Tate Britain which inspired her desire to paint - and to paint big.
'I found Los Angeles such an exciting city and I wanted to share that energy with Norwich, so this exhibition came at a perfect time for me, I was feeling very inspired and ready to take my work in a new direction,' she said.
L.A Days is at Norwich Arts Centre until August 23. Opening times are Monday to Friday 1pm-5pm and Saturday 10am-6pm. Entry is free. For more information, visit www.norwichartscentre.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover