From Macaron Day to the Maritime Festival: 6 things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
There's a lot happening in Norfolk this weekend, so to ensure you don't miss out on the fun here's a quick guide to some of the events taking place on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday, September 10
• Macaron Day, Macarons & More, Royal Arcade, Norwich, 9.30am-5.30pm, Free entry
This Saturday Macarons & More will be hosting their annual Macaron Day in store, where they will whip up a range of quirky flavoured creations as suggested by customers. The public has spoken and this weekend will see the team make black truffle, jam doughnut and Cromer Crab flavoured macarons, various prizes will also be up for grabs on the day including cookery school tickets and gift boxes.
• Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival, Historic South Quay, 10am, Free entry
You may also want to watch:
The famous Maritime festival is a free two-day event on the historic South Quay, with ships to explore, live shanty music, street theatre performances and demonstrations. Don't miss out on seeing vessels such as the Earl of Pembroke, a 44m long schooner dating back to 1945 which has featured in television shows and films such as Hornblower and Treasure Island, as well as the Regal Lady, which was built in Fellowes Yard at Yarmouth in 1935 and served in the Dunkirk Fleet of Little Ships.
• Wells Pirate Festival, the Maltings and Staithe Street Car Park, 10am-5pm, Free entry
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Get used to phone appointments or the NHS collapses - GP tells patients
For three days in September, Wells is taken over by swashbuckling shipmates as they hold their annual Pirate Festival. Themed activities, from boat trips to weapon demonstrations will be taking place as well as a photography exhibition, live music and a treasure trail. Guaranteed fun for the whole family!
Sunday, September 11
• Sandringham Game and Country Fair, Sandringham Estate, 10am-6pm, Tickets £2-£13
This exciting event will feature three dedicated areas where a variety of displays and performances will be taking place from horse-boarding to sheepdogs. Other attractions will include falconry, fishing, racing ferrets, pony club games, pigeon tent, a fun fair, food stalls and much more.
• Summer Diesel Gala, North Norfolk Railway, 09.25-18.36, Tickets £10-£136
This Sunday the Weybourne Traction Group returns to the North Norfolk Railway for the annual Diesel Gala where a selection of classic locomotives from a variety of eras will be running between Sheringham and Holt. Visiting locomotives will include Class 50 50026 Indomitable, Class 33 33035 and Class 20 20227. A beer tent will also be open at Weybourne Station throughout the day.
• Fairhaven Dog Day, Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, 11am-3.30pm, Adults £2, Children £1, price does not include garden entry
Dog lovers will enjoy this fun-filled day out that revolves all around man's best friend in aid of PAT Dogs. Fairhaven Dog Day will feature a Dog Show, dog agility activities, demonstrations, stalls, food and drink and lots of other games and attractions.
• Are you hosting a local event? Why not submit it for listing on our website here.