From Creme Egg brownies to Mini Egg Macarons: 4 great places selling Easter desserts in Norwich
- Credit: Tori Fama
When it comes to Easter it doesn't get better than a Creme Egg... Or does it? From brownies to monster hot chocolates, here's a look at some of the Easter inspired creations available in Norwich this week:
• And eat it
Stall owner and creative baker, Tori Fama has come up with not one but two creme egg inspired treats for the people of Norwich to enjoy. Fans of the Cadbury sweet can get their hands on a Creme Egg monster hot chocolate (a smooth hot chocolate topped with whipped cream, creme egg and chocolate sauce) and a Creme Egg toastie (a toasted sandwich filled with chopped Cadbury Creme Eggs, drizzled with chocolate sauce and served with a side of Mini Eggs). Head to Stalls 51/64 to try them for yourself.
• Cupcake & Co
This shop on Upper St Giles Street is best known for its cupcakes, but owner Anne Falgate can also whip up a mean batch of brownies and is doing just that this Easter by offering customers gluten-free creme egg brownies. Grab one (or four) before they're gone!
You may also want to watch:
• Biddy's Tea Room
Over the last week, Biddy's on Lower Goat Lane have produced an array of tempting Easter creations, including decadent Creme Egg scotch eggs - a Creme Egg wrapped in a brownie and rolled in chocolate pieces, as well as Easter brownies, which are topped with Creme Eggs, Mini Eggs and Reeses peanut bunnies.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
• Macarons & More
Pop by the shop in The Royal Arcade this week and be spoiled for choice with their various quirky Easter offerings, including Mini Egg macarons, marshmallow Easter eggs, hot cross bun macarons, lemon macaron chicks and a chocolate caramel delice decorated with Mini Eggs.
If you're not in the Norwich area or fancy taking a trip to the coast this Easter, why not heat to Bellyboos Sweet Shop in Gorleston-on-Sea...
Famous for their massive milkshakes, Bellyboos have created a brand new dessert called the Malteaster Special, which features three scoops of white chocolate and Malteaser ice cream served inside a Malteaser Easter Egg and topped with Malteaser Bunnies, more Malteasers and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
• Have you tried any of these Easter treats? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.