Burger takeaway that has 'sold out every night' opens inside pub
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A burger takeaway that was launched by two friends after a conversation at a barbecue has now secured a residency at a Costessey pub.
Beasty Boys Grill was started by burger lovers Jack Baldry and Phil Hunt early last year and after securing a Friday pop-up at The Steam Packet pub in Norwich, they spent three weeks there before stopping due to the first lockdown.
It returned for a few evenings in 2020, but with the hospitality industry now gearing up to reopen outdoors the takeaway has moved to a new location at The Crown Pub in Costessey.
Beasty Boys Grill launched there on April 2 - and sold out for its first night - and it will be there every Friday from 5pm to 9pm for takeaway collections and customers can eat-in when the pub reopens.
Mr Baldry, 33, who lives in Costessey, said: "It all started off at a barbecue at mine as we like to have a play around on the barbecue and were having a conversation over some beers and it snowballed from there.
"We have sold out every night we have done Beasty Boys Grill so far and the response has blown us away."
Mr Baldry also runs his own building company and Mr Hunt is an antiques dealer, so they now have former head chef of the Kings Head in Bawburgh Jakes Armes on board to keep up with demand.
Mr Armes knows the owners of The Crown Pub and they had recently had a kitchen fitted to do lockdown takeaways, which Beasty Boys Grill will take over on Fridays with the pub providing drinks in its spacious beer garden from April 12.
- 1 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 5 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 8 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 9 See inside 'characterful' townhouse with rural views on sale for £550k
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
On the menu is its signature Frazzle Burger, with two aged beef patties, pancetta bacon, American cheese, homemade burger sauce and Frazzles crisps, Disco Fries, with melted cheese, pancetta bacon and spring onions, Gramps Fries, with herbs and spices, and J Boiz Wings, with Mr Armes' secret hot sauce.
Mr Baldry added: "We use all locally-sourced produce, all the sauces are homemade and we push boundaries a little bit by adding touching such as Frazzles."