Fashionistas prepare to strut their stuff as part of Aylsham High School’s catwalk show
Glamorous gowns and sophisticated suits will feature on a catwalk display at Aylsham High School during an evening of fashion and pampering.
The event, which is being held at the school on Friday, April 20, has been organised and staged by year 11 students to help cultivate their business and enterprise skills and will also raise money for their leaving prom.
Students have to raise funds for the end of school event to keep ticket prices down and for this year's extravaganza at Wolterton Hall, careers advisor Dianne Wade struck upon the idea of staging a fashion show.
She said: 'Throughout the year they do different fundraising events from cycling round the Isle of Wight to packing bags at Morrisons. Last year we thought why don't we make it something fun (for 2012).
'Year 11s are under such pressure at the moment preparing for GCSEs, it's a nice opportunity to have a bit of down time as the run up to exams begins.
You may also want to watch:
'But it's not just a fashion show as the students do it as part of their course work. They're all business and enterprise students and this is an extension of that.'
As well as getting to view the latest fashions on the catwalk - which will be split into evening and day wear displays - visitors will also be able to indulge in beauty treatments, including spray tans and manicures.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
? The Prom and Glam fashion show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �5 in advance from the school in Sir Williams Lane or �6 on the door and include refreshments.