Fashionistas prepare to strut their stuff as part of Aylsham High School’s catwalk show
Glamorous gowns and sophisticated suits will feature on a catwalk display at Aylsham High School during an evening of fashion and pampering.
The event, which is being held at the school on Friday, April 20, has been organised and staged by year 11 students to help cultivate their business and enterprise skills and will also raise money for their leaving prom.
Students have to raise funds for the end of school event to keep ticket prices down and for this year's extravaganza at Wolterton Hall, careers advisor Dianne Wade struck upon the idea of staging a fashion show.
She said: 'Throughout the year they do different fundraising events from cycling round the Isle of Wight to packing bags at Morrisons. Last year we thought why don't we make it something fun (for 2012).
'Year 11s are under such pressure at the moment preparing for GCSEs, it's a nice opportunity to have a bit of down time as the run up to exams begins.
'But it's not just a fashion show as the students do it as part of their course work. They're all business and enterprise students and this is an extension of that.'
As well as getting to view the latest fashions on the catwalk - which will be split into evening and day wear displays - visitors will also be able to indulge in beauty treatments, including spray tans and manicures.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
? The Prom and Glam fashion show starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �5 in advance from the school in Sir Williams Lane or �6 on the door and include refreshments.