Fairport to headline Cromer folk festival
A folk star studded festival is selling advance tickets four months earlier this year because of demand from fans.Cromer's Folk on the Pier event in May will be headlined by Fairport Acoustic Convention, with other top acts including the Strawbs, and international guests from America and France.
A star-studded folk festival is selling advance tickets four months earlier this year because of demand from fans.
Cromer's Folk on the Pier event in May will be headlined by Fairport Acoustic Convention, with other top acts including the Strawbs, and international guests from America and France.
Organiser Scott Butler said tickets were going on sale from October 1 because fans wanted to avoid the frantic phone rush to buy seats in the New Year.
As in previous years, many people have already booked hotel and guest house rooms for the festival, which runs from May 8-10.
Other acts in the line-up include Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham from Scotland, Vin Garbutt, Baka Beyond, Brass Monkey, ColvinQuarmby, Claude Bourbon from France, two USA acts Brooks Williams and the Two Man Gentlemen Band, Harvey Andrews, Fraser Nimmo, Uiscedwr Big Band, Simon Hopper Band, and Trefor and Vicki Williams from Wales.
Advance ticket prices October
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 4 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 5 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 6 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
1-31 £55, November 1 to January 1 £65 then £75 thereafter. Daily tickets £30 subject to availability, from the Cromer Pier Pavilion box office on 01263 512495. For more information, see the festival website - www.folkonthepier.co.uk.