Exciting time for Norwich band Cord
Momentum is building for a Norwich rock band's bid for a taste of the big time. Cord, the city-based four-piece, are currently on their third tour this year but took time out last month to record the video to upcoming single Winter.
Momentum is building for a Norwich rock band's bid for a taste of the big time.
Cord, the city-based four-piece, are currently on their third tour this year but took time out last month to record the video to upcoming single Winter.
The song, from the as-yet-untitled debut album, comes out on June 12 and will be their first release to be eligible for the UK chart.
James Leeds, lead singer and songwriter for the band, said he had been excited to hear Winter played on Radio 1 last week.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a great present to start off our latest tour and it's much earlier than we had expected it to be played," he said.
Filming for the new video took place overnight in a disused swimming pool near Ipswich and left the band bleary eyed.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
"The place where we shot it was surrounded by eerily empty buildings, but it was excellent fun," added James.
"Thurston Lang, the director, seemed like he knew what he was doing, the actors were excellent, and I think we played okay," said the 29 year old lead singer.
Cord signed to Island, the record label behind Irish rock group U2, in February 2004 and have spent the last two years writing new songs, recording and touring.
This year the excitement has been building, with promotional CDs being snapped up at gigs around the country, photo shoots, two singles and videos.