Ex-Norfolk sixth former Olivia Colman to play the Queen in The Crown on Netflix
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk-schooled actress Olivia Colman has a royal appointment to play the Queen in the popular TV drama The Crown.
Ms Colman, 43, who was at sixth form at Gresham's School in Holt from 1990-1992, will play the role of Queen Elizabeth II from the ages of 40 to 60, through 20 eipsodes in series three and four.
She will take over from Claire Foy, 33, who won a Golden Globe for her portrayal of the Queen in the first series.
Ms Colman will start filming series three next year, but the shows won't air on Netflix until 2019.
It is understood that another actress will be chosen to play the Queen between the ages 60-90.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Colman, who won a Golden Globe this year for her role as spy runner Angela Burr in The Night Manager, has been appearing in Mosquitoes at the National Theatre.
She is known for her roles in Broadchurch, Twenty Twelve and Peep Show.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school