Everything you need to know about Nor-Con 2017
- Credit: Archant
As Nor-Con returns to the Norfolk Showground for another weekend of SciFi and fantasy fun, here's everything you need to know about the event.
What is it?
Nor-Con is the Norfolk TV, Film and Comic Con, a two day event where people who love SciFi and Fantasy TV and film can come together and celebrate their favourite things. Celebrity guests often make appearances at the event and a range of exhibitors will be attending, selling merchandise, collectables and more. Vehicles, costumes and cosplay will also be on display.
When is it?
Nor-Con is taking place at The Norfolk Showground Arena over October 7-8.
You may also want to watch:
Who's going to be there?
Film and TV stars currently confirmed for the weekend include Terry Molloy (Dr Who), Kai Owen (Torchwood), Anjli Mohindra (The Sarah Jane Adventures), Toyah Willcox (Quadrophenia), Chris Barrie (Red Dwarf), Mark Dexter (Red Dwarf), Jeremy Bulloch (Star Wars), Ian Mcelhinney (Game of Thrones), Femi Ogilvy (Star Wars), Nick Moran (Harry Potter) and Chris Rankin (Harry Potter). A range of comic artists will also be attending, such as Lee Townsend, Martin Griffiths and Barry Kitson. YouTubers Caddicarus and DidYouKnowGaming will also be at the event over the weekend.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
How can I get tickets?
Tickets are available online from nor-con.co.ukPrices begin from £12 for an adult general access day ticket and £8 for a child. Weekend packages, early entry and photo shoot tickets are also available.
Tickets can be purchased on the day of event but only after 1pm and this is subject to venue capacity.
What are the opening times?
Early access tickets allow entry to the venue from 9am. General access is from 10.30am.
The show closes at 5pm on Saturday and 4pm on Sunday.
Free parking will be available at the showground.
Can I come in costume?
Yes, however this is subject to inspection upon entry. Any hard or sharp objects will not be allowed inside the venue and will be removed until you leave.
• Nor-Con recommend that all children under the age of 14 attend the event with an adult.
• There is no cash point on site but there is a cashpoint at The Showground Pub opposite the event location and at Sainsbury's at the Longwater Trading Estate.
• Registered carers can enter the event for free when accompanying a disabled person.
• No smoking, vaping or alcohol is allowed inside the venue.
• No animals are permitted into the venue.
For more information visit nor-con.co.uk