Calling all Potterheads! Here’s where you can celebrate Harry Potter Book Night 2018 in Norfolk
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Wands at the ready because Harry Potter Book Night is upon us once more.
The annual occasion, organised by Bloomsbury, returns on Thursday, February 1 and will see fans of J.K. Rowling's magical books come together to celebrate the boy who lived and his wonderful world.
A wide range of events will take place across the country, all centred around the theme of Fantastic Beasts.
The original cornucopia of mythical creatures which sit at the heart of the series will be celebrated at each literary event using a kit provided by the publisher, which contains a selection of ideas and activities.
For those wanting to get involved locally, a whole host of enchanting events are scheduled to take place across Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
• Waterstones on Castle Street in Norwich are putting on an array of entertainment between 5.30pm and 8pm to mark the occasion, including a fancy dress parade, quidditch, and a beastly quiz.
• Great Yarmouth Community Library will be hosting an evening of potion making, magic crafts, treasure hunts and fancy dress from 4pm to 6pm.
- 1 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 2 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 7 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 8 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 9 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 10 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
• Norfolk and Norwich Millennium Library are hosting a Beasts Among the Bookshelves event to celebrate. Taking place from 5pm to 7pm, the evening will feature storytelling, the chance to make your own snitch or pygmy puff, create your own mauraders map, a Harry Potter-themed photo booth and a sorting hat session. Activities take place in the Children's library on the ground floor and must be booked in advance by calling 01603 774703.
Those attending events are encouraged to share photos and ideas on social media using the hashtag #HarryPotterBookNight
Harry Potter Book Night was launched in 2015 and has since seen it trending on Twitter with thousands of fans taking part across the UK.